Ram Air’s 6-place ambient-air model aligns with gear manufacturer requirements and complies with NFPA 1851/FEMSA recommendations for drying gear.
TARGET HARD-TO-DRY AREAS
Ram Air’s patented design uses powerful fans that push air through gear from the inside out—effectively drying the hard to reach areas and vapor barriers in gear that are prone to mold and mildew if not dried properly. The unique design of our gear dryers limits air loss and prevents air flow from following the path of least resistance. The result? Faster, more efficient drying and an increased ability to dry more suits in the same amount of time.
FLEXIBILITY FOR ALL GEAR COMPONENTS
We know what it is like to work in wet boots and gloves. That is why Ram Air’s 6-MU Gear Dryer comes fully loaded with 18 component ports for drying all accessories including helmets, gloves, boots, face masks and SCBAs. Keeping you dry and comfortable is our job.
FEATURE STRUCTURALLY SUPERIOR CONSTRUCTION
We strive to deliver products that set quality standards beyond any other competitor’s products. Heavy-duty casters provide mobility for the unit; top-quality steel construction of the frame and air passages ensure that Ram Air Gear Dryers are built to last; and a LED timer with automatic shut-off provides easy, efficient drying. We design our gear dryers to be the most structurally superior gear dryers available and stand by them with a full two-year guarantee!
6-MU Product Specifications
- Width: 30″
- Height: 80″
- Length: 120.5″
- Powder Coated Paint with 12 gauge steel
- Steel stickmen with powder coat paint for hanging fire fighter personal protective equipment with 2″ shut off valves
- High volume and high pressure system
- Enclosed motor with noise reduction package
- 360 degree swivel casters on the base
- Removable motor and fan with 360 degree swivel casters with easy quick connect attachment to dryer
- Motor and Fan with 4″ or 6″ hose barb attachment for drying pumper truck
- 18 accessory drying ports with valves for gloves, helmets, balaclavas
- Operates on a 120v or optional 220v power supply
- Download Latch Specifications
- Electronic timer with interval selection 2-4-8-12 hours (Download Timer Specifications)
The fans on our gear dryers do double-duty. Not only do they provide efficient drying of your gear, they can be easily removed and attached to your pumper truck’s water ports for quick drying — preventing freeze-ups in harsh winter conditions thereby protecting your apparatus investment. The fan unit is equipped with casters for ease of mobility when not attached to the gear dryer.
6-MU Removable Blower Specifications
- 1 HP / 60hz / volts 208-230 / amps 6.6-6.0/12.0 / Rpm 3450
- Direct coupled to fan
- No maintenance unit
- Bearing prelubricated (no further lubrication necessary)
- Insulation class B
- Download Motor Specifications
- Wheel diameter 10 5/8″
- Wheel bore 5/8″
- Auto thermal protector
- Ball bearing
- Insulation class B
- Download Blower Spec Sheet